Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.vendors
Trevor

Default Help: How thread box-sealing tape in handheld dispenser? [OT]

Cori wrote:
This may sound odd and is slightly off-topic.

I got a bargain on a handheld box tape dispenser which is similar to
this http://snipurl.com/l6my. It takes 50mm (2 inch) adhesive tape
and is used for sealing boxes.

I'm not at all sure I have threaded the tape correctly because the
loose end seems to flap about for a inch or two and is never in the
right place to be used a second time.

Maybe my bagain dispenser is badly designed or maybe I have threaded
it wrongly.

Can someone here, who I figure might use these things, tell me how to
load this sort of dispenser correctly.

Not sure you can load the wrong?? the roll is loaded to the dispenser so
that the tape comes off on the left hand side as in your photo. It then
passes between the silver clamp & the black roller. It then goes passed
the serrated teeth. The idea being you press down on the tape by the
roller onto the box, you then pull towards you until you have covered
the box, then pressing with a upward movement you cut the tape with the
teeth. Theoretically the tape should hold onto the teeth until it's
needed again. In practice it needs practice to make it work correctly,
you also have to have the correct tension on the spindle in the middle.