Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

Default Angle Grinder recommends?

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 07:45:59 +0000, Richard A Downing
wrote:

I bought a very cheap 115mm 900W angle grinder to cut up a rusty old
2000L oil tank (because of later building and a power-pole it
couldn't be removed intact). The grinder worked well for a while, and
I was careful not to force it and to run it only for short periods and
let it cool right down. But before the end of the job it has
burnt-out. No complains at all about the tool supplier, they refunded
the cost immediately without quibble.

But now I need a new grinder. Is it worth buying another sub-20 GPB
grinder or should I get a 60-70 GPB industrial unit? If so which
model? I still have lots of 115mm/22mm Norton cutting disks left that
I'd like to use up.

I've never had much use for a grinder before, but then I haven't really
considered what I might use one for - I guess I could use it for
buffing waxed wood.

R.

I got a DeWalt 9 inch inc dimaond blad for 80 quid. SO OK, its not the
top of the range dewalt, but its a damm site better than the B&Q PPro
jobbie that broke the week before.

It cuts like a dream, and the starup kick is much less. Also DeWalt
take some care in desiging tools that are comfortable to use. They
must have learnt from all thos crap black & deckers that hurt your
hands to hold them.

Rick