Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson

Default Caustic Soda Vs One Shot Sulphuric Acid

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have recently seen the sulphuric acid to clear blocked drains.
Having googled around, it seems I should not mix the 2. I am trying
the caustic soda today followed by boiling water and detergent.

If that fails, how long should I wait before i move on to the acid?

In my experience caustic soda is good for fatty deposits - kitchens
etc, and sulphuric acid is good for hair balls - baths & showers.
Beware that sulphuric acid will stain baths and shower trays so be
very careful how you pour it.

AWEM