Posted to uk.d-i-y
DeeBee

Default Do I need to get the BCO out to change a front door?

Firstly Happy New Year to all...

Been thinking about changing our front door for a while.

Basically we have two front doors, in the sense that we have a porch
"extension" and then the original front door. I want to change the inner
original door. The current inner door is a pretty standard "hardwood" one.

I am thinking of a uPVC one mainly to give a beeter draft proof seal.

Now I know that I need BCO / building regs approval and a BCO visit (inc
the cost of this :-( )to change windows, but do I need this if I change
a door.

If I were to change the door for another hardwood one, I would have
guessed I do not need a BCO visit, but what about uPVC ?

Anybody in the know about the current regs

Cheers

DeeBee