DoN. Nichols

Default Naval Cannon pics

In article ,
Grant Erwin wrote:
It is easy to post the full link rather than forcing people to go
search/navigate to find something. Many people on this NG seem to
find this distasteful for some reason. I don't get it. Anyway:

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/Cannon2.JPG
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/Cannon3.JPG
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/Cannon4.JPG
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/Cannon5.JPG

The full link is a lot quicker for me, as I will use "wget" (a
unix web downloader program) to grab the images and look at them later,
with a program which lets me zoom into them at will.

But the links won't work when someone finds this article (or
others) in a google search some time from now, after the images have
been moved to one of the RETIRED_FILES directories -- named by year.

So offering *both* is a good idea in my mind, with the warnings
that the links will go stale after some time, and require searching
anyway, based on the date in the posted article found in the Google
archives.

But in any case, when someone says "I have uploaded images to
the dropbox", they should at least give the
"http://www.metalworking.com" URL for new users or people with short
memories. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564