Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Computing electric costs

The original question of "tell me how I go about computing cost of operation
of an appliance" can only be answered by knowing how many BTUs he needs.
Then he can figure out how long an electric heater will have to run.
All that calculating isn't necessary. All he has to do is multiply his gas
usage by his heater's efficiency, then divide that by 3,413 to find out how
many KWs he needs.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Multiply the watts of power consumed (at any voltage, it does not

matter)
time the kW rate your utility is charging.

NO! Multiply watts of power by hours to get kilowatt hours of energy!

2000 watts (2 kW) at .15 kW = 30¢ per hour

Learn the difference between power and energy!

Nick

And your answer to the original question is??????????????