Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Default Computing electric costs

m Ransley wrote:
Compare cost of your gas price to your electric price by btu. for me in
the midwest electric is stlll apx 50% more expensive than Ng, only you
know your costs. Btu comparisons or for Lp are online. In other words
how much is your cost for 100000 btu for each. You likely will see Lp is
best, but it depends on your area.

How efficient is a typical "LPG heater"?

I presume they must vent the exhaust outdoors, so what's a reasonable
number for the percentage of BTUs in the gas that actually heats the
workspace?

Does it vary significantly with the design (and era of manufacture) of
the LPG heater?

I expect that electric heat must be near 100% efficient, huh?

My inquiring mind wants to know...

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia