Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce T

Default Telegraphing biscuits...

"Toller" wrote in message

"Guess who" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 19:13:24 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

If you ARE intending to teach him, then do it right, and mark matching
surfaces before routing.

But if it came out perfectly, why wasn't it right? Is there some higher
standard than looking and working properly?

So what does this mean?

QUOTE from your original post:
Unfortunately I screwed up in cutting the slots on the mating pieces
and the spacing only worked with the plywood upside down, with the
thin part on top.

Exactly. There is no way to tell from that I did anything wrong. It is
perfect in appearance and function.
So, I didn't actually do anything wrong if it in indistinquishable from
correct! I just thought I did because of the people here who say biscuits
aren't usable because they telegraph through to the surface.

I think the thing is...YOU know you did it wrong. Since YOU mentioned it,
YOU said you screwed up, so YOU know its wrong. But here's the thing. If
it doesn't make a whit of difference to YOU, then it's just fine.