Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default OT - New Conservative Science Theme Park

In article , Ed Huntress says...

FWIW, I happen to believe that the fundamental constitutional principle is
that the government will not encourage or promote any religion, or any group
of religions. But I don't think it was intended for the government to
prevent citizens from expressing their religion in public settings.

Ed, you are familiar with the wording, right?

Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion

[that's the part that says the government shall not pay for
or establish an religious activities]

nor the free exercise thereof.

[that second part says that the government cannot prohibit anyone
from religions practices of any kind]

For all the wingnut whackos who want the government to sponsor
religion, I would politely request you simply move to a country
that already *has* state-sponsored religion.

Only trouble is g while they are missing that first part, they
are also missing the second, 'free exercise' clause. What that
means is that the fundie whackos might find themselves in a
passle of hot water when they start stamping their petulant
little tootsis for their particular brand of snake oil, and the
nasty goverment comes in an throws their stupid asses in jail
for doing what they take for granted in the US - attending
the church of their personal choice whenever and wherever
they want.

Like I said before - the US Consitution: Love It, or Leave.

Jim

please reply to: