Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke

Default For Gunner

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
You take one lousy week off to join Thorax at the Elvis concert, and this
is what happens: "G.W." writes on 23 Dec 2005
07:20:04 -0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
4th Amendment:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers,
supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place
to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Yep, I see it. It says right there that international phone calls to
Al Qaida-connected people shall not be monitored in time of war (unless
a court has taken the time to approve it, of course).

You silly Democrats, you know that the Constitution is a Living
Document, and we mustn't be restrained by outmoded thinking.

Now smile for the Brady.

tschus
pyotr

I find it amusing that the same people who feel that it is perfectly
acceptable to require transponders in every car so that they can determine
your usage patterns for tax purposes, get all hysterical when it comes to
that same government monitoring foreign agents inside the 12 mile limits.

Really? What I find amusing is that right wingers are so easily fooled, and
over and over again. Just because Bush says that the only people that they
were wire tapping were terrorists that doesn't make it a fact. If the only
folks that got tapped illegally were actually Al Qaeda members I doubt that
anyone would be that worked up about it. But we all know the odds that only
Al Qaeda members got tapped are slim and none.

What Bush really did was tap everyone and anyone using a phone to make
overseas calls and he probably tapped a bunch of American citizens that have
no connection to terrorists at all. He's just lying again when he says only
Al Qaeda members were tapped. ****, after all the things Bush has said in
the past that turned out to be untrue how could any thinking person believe
it when he says only "terrorists" were tapped without warrants. Man, if you
believe that after all that has happened you need to send me $10 for a
bottle of old Dave's Snake Oil. It'll cure anything that ails ya. You can
believe me. I have George Bush's endorsement.

Hawke