Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke

Default OT - New Conservative Science Theme Park

Ed Huntress wrote:
The hard-boiled born-again are not a vast majority. Those who believe

in God
are a vast majority, but they have always been. And we have shown no

real
tendency to become a theocracy despite that fact.

Absolutely.

The issue now is that certain evangelicals are getting a little frisky

and
are trying to intrude their religion into government and into the

schools.
They are being resisted. They are not likely to succeed, nor are they

likely
to become a "vast majority."

It seems to me that the anti-religion forces have been trying to remove
any mention of god from public places for about 40 years or so. They
appear to want to change our society to fit their views. Now some
people have had enough and are resisting. Their goal seems to be to
keep things the same, not change anything.

Indeed..even here in Politically Correct California..I noticed many
many more defiant Merry Christmas wishes, than in the past number of
years. Folks are just tired of the "war on Christmas" and the war on
religion. The Left had best watch their step....the last time they
****ed off the People to this extent..Bush got elected twice..and they
lost control of the Congress for the foreseeable future.

Gunner

Actually this year's war was not on Christmas, it was a war by Christians
against all non Christians. In a typical case of the pot calling the kettle
black, Christians, who are the majority, started attacking every non
Christian in the country. Using the ruse of a war on Christmas, the
Christians went on the offensive again, like they have been doing for the
last 20 years or so, in which they, like fundamentalist Muslims, want to
return the country to at state where religion dominates daily life. The
clear strategy is to make it appear that a non Christian minority was trying
to impose is views on the Christian majority when in fact it was the
Christians who continued to impose their religion on everyone else. Their
goal is to reinsinuate Christianity into schools, courts, Congress, the
public square, and everywhere else, in a big way. This year's tactic was to
blame the victim. Unfortunately, it went nowhere and as much as the
Christians want it they are no better off than they were before.

Luckily for us, the forseeable future has already shown some hints at the
direction the country is headed. After 11 years of Republican majorities and
a steady decline in the popularity of the Republican Congress and President
as well as the continuing bad news in Iraq the forecast for the next
election is looking a lot like a good old fashioned ass kicking for the
Republican party. Should the Democrats make big inroads into the Republican
controlled government I should be very interested to hear your explanations
as to why the public rejected the Republicans who you seem to think will be
in the majority forever.

Hawke