Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can I do this with a nibbler?

Bob Engelhardt
Dec 17, 6:34 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
From: Bob Engelhardt - Find messages by
this author
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 21:34:00 -0500
Subject: Can I do this with a nibbler?
original | Report Abuse

Another possibility is an *aluminum* cut-off blade in an angle grinder.

E.g., McMaster-Carr #4535A53. Cheap if you have the angle grinder.
Does take a steady hand. Bob

Thanks for the excellent suggestion, Bob. I bolted an angle grinder
upside down to a piece of plywood and devised a table parallel to the
disc, and just slightly below it. I can feed the aluminum j-channel
into the blade until it hits a stop, then slide it along the stop to
make the cut I need. Now that I have a notcher, the rest is easy. Gary