Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Computing electric costs

Depending on where you are, electric is usually more expensive than l.p.
Find out what the cost of both are, and then go here to calculate
http://energy.cas.psu.edu/energyselector/

"C & E" wrote in message
news
Would one of you electron benders please tell me how I go about computing
cost of operation of an appliance if I know that it operates on 220vac at
2,000 w and 'y' is the cost of electricity/ Kwh. Is there a time factor
tied
to the 2,000 (- too many years)? I'm thinking of supplementing the shop's
LPG heat with electric thinking that it would be cheaper than just using

the
gas alone. I only heat on an as-needed basis but the last fill up nearly
cost me a good internal organ!