Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Calvin Henry-Cotnam

Default Dumpster ripoff?

) said...

[snip]
Then later on, when the dumpster company guy came to pick up the dumpster,
he said it was 4 tons overweight (4 tons beyond the limit) and wanted us to
pay $145 extra.

This sounds fishy to me for three reasons:

- 4 tons OVER the limit sounds rather high for a roofing job

- how can the driver determine this without actually weighing the load?

And the one that really has me thinking this guy is scamming some
quick cash:

- around here, tipping fees are in the $80 per ton range, so four
extra tons would have me expecting another $320

Sometimes, asking for a low amount can highlight a greedy *******! ;-)

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
- Napoleon