Posted to rec.woodworking
Norman D. Crow

Default Irwin Quick Grip clamps slipping

"Paul Stewart" wrote in message
Anyone know how or if Irwin Quick Grip clamps can be adjusted or restored
fix them from slipping when pulling the handle/trigger to tighten the
clamp?

I've got quite a few and they are becoming very frustrating. I know they
have a life time warranty and I have already taken 3 or 4 back for
exchange,
but this is getting old fast, I'm about to pitch em in the trash.

I read an advertisement about Jorgensens similar clamp saying they have
40%
more gripping power and that they don't slip. Anyone have any experience
with the Jorgensen quick clamps?

Thanks,

I've got a pair of the 12" Irwins, and one of them started doing the same
thing(if I understand correctly, when you squeeze the handle to tighten the
clamp it slips). I figured out how to get the handle apart and reversed the
metal piece/pieces that actually grip the bar to tighten the clamp. I'm not
sure if I had to remove the pin and take the assembly off the bar or not,
but probably. Clamp works fine now.

--
Nahmie
Stupidity is not considered a handicap, park elsewhere.