Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Default OT - New Conservative Science Theme Park

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
snip

The hard-boiled born-again are not a vast majority. Those who believe in

God
are a vast majority, but they have always been. And we have shown no real
tendency to become a theocracy despite that fact.

The issue now is that certain evangelicals are getting a little frisky

and
are trying to intrude their religion into government and into the

schools.
They are being resisted. They are not likely to succeed, nor are they

likely
to become a "vast majority."

This is a time in US history when there are no clear goals, no direction,

no
generally agreed idea of "progress." It is a time of stagnancy and ennui.

It
will pass, but, until it does, absolutist religion is an answer that is
attractive to the many people who are extremely uncomfortable with all of
the uncertainty and lack of direction.

It isn't the first time it's happened and it probably won't be the last.

Damn..not a bad post. Get religion or somethin?

Gunner

g I'm where I've always been on that. I try to respect others' religious
views. If they push me, I push back. Otherwise, I don't pre-judge, nor would
I try to suppress religious expression.

We have some problem now with people promoting violence in the name of
religion. And a little non-violent trouble with people trying to push their
religious beliefs into government. But the issue I have trouble with is
their actions, not the beliefs themselves.

--
Ed Huntress