Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco

Default Harbor Freight does it again...

I think these are just great, too.

We just saw that $69.95 sale price yesterday, too. A real bargain!

Instead of having to put the jack handle up to the release valve, I made
up a knob to go onto the valve stub. It is 1 1/2" in diameter and
knurled.
Then I added a 1" diameter air cylinder to that knob, moved the
jack's air valve to the floor along with another air valve for the
release knob. Works like a champ. Even works well as a hydraulic
forging press to weld damascus billets.

Next thing is to add a pressure gage.

Pete Stanaitis

Pete C. wrote:
I stopped by HF today while I was in the area. Had yet another 20% email
coupon with me. Picked up a 20T air/hydraulic jack which was on sale
already, for a total of about $56 with the coupon. The jack is now
installed in my H press and it is indeed a great upgrade as someone here
had noted in the past.

Pete C.