Posted to sci.engr.lighting,uk.d-i-y
Clive Mitchell

Default halogen vs energy-saving light bulb.... woes :S

In message , Blueyonder
writes
http://www.emanator.demon.co.uk/bigclive/fibre.htm

Cool. Much appreciated.

You may want to consider earthing those metal bolts that hold your
mains-potential PCB up, and that also stick out the bottom of the case.
Perhaps nylon bolts would work - not sure - but a warning would perhaps
be good for those that may try to copy it and not realise. Cool all the
same.

It does mention that there should be good clearance of the bolts or
plastic ones should be used.

That said, as soon as I put that hack up the shops ran out of those
lights and have started selling a much less hackable version.

I really should put up the Christmas tree version. It's a PCB designed
to fit onto standard fixings in the most common fibre optic tree bases
and provide bright ultra-pure colour LED lighting up the fibre optic
branches at less than 2W. I made the first few last year and made a few
custom versions for friends this year.

The UV LED "Gothmas" tree was most psychedelic.

--
Clive Mitchell
http://www.bigclive.com