Posted to alt.home.repair
chickenwing

Default Tile floor buckling

Keith Williams wrote:

Agreed, though the builder (I assume) of my house did it. I just
tore it all out this summer. What a PITA. Many tiles were loose
and I decided it was time to start over. Half the tiles were stuck
tight to the thinset. The other half the thiset was stuck tight to
the subfloor. Little was fastened securely. I ended up replacing a
couple of sheets of subflooring. Did I say it was a PITA?

--
Keith

agreed, they should not have come up so easy
any glue will work, i've repaired cinderblock with subfloor glue
(where's it going)...

most of the time people walk and their tile too soon
it takes a good 2 months or more, for a wet job to
fully cure...given the room and floor dry around room temp

if you seal the floor before 2 weeks expire, you are sealing moisture
into the floor
it will eventually get out...but it will take that much longer

where can moisture go except up...and into your substrate / then where
does it go...
it don't, it stays there, it softens the floor, we walk on them too
soon.

we should, take a vacation while the tile dries

someone says...ah hell you can walk on that! you can?
but it ain't dry...

I always read mfg instructions (now I do)...
it gives me a solid answer for my customers

I don't insist on anything, I have to walk on my floors
but I know how to weigh 30 lbs less on my tile
while it's curing