Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

Default Can you run a generator in a basement with the windows open?

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Why is it so dangerous? I know about CO and fumes. Its not going to be
on when I'm not there. Its not going to run when I'm upstairs. Its just
going to sit there most of the year doing nothing, and get used maybe
once a year for 5 minutes, while I stand there and watch it. What's the
big deal?

The fan mentioned above is a good idea, but it will have to be run by
the generator

A serious reply.

I once tried to use my leaf blower to clean the garage with the 16' door
open. About 45 seconds into the project all my smoke alarms were screaming.
The one in the garage set them all off.

Many people die each year from using propane or gasoline engines in enclosed
areas. Don't be one of them. Build or buy a generator enclosure, set it up
outside as needed or don't use it.

Colbyt