Posted to rec.woodworking
Stephen M

Default What do you consult for design inspiration?

Google, click on the images link. and search on, candle stand, dresser,
tressle or whatever is close to what you want to make.

Save the pics of the items that have a detail or a form that you like, them
try to coelesse them into a form that you find pleasing.

The idea is not simply to rip something off that looks good. The idea is to
identify the design elements that appeal to *you* and to help you generate a
"list" of features, be they functional, structural or aesthetic, that you
would like to incorporate into your own design.

-Steve

"hylourgos" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm in the design phase of a couple of small household projects (TV and
Phonograph stands), but I wanted to design something unique. At the
library I was in the furniture history section and thumbed through a
dozen books or so, but nothing really struck me as a good source for
inspiration.

What do you regularly look at for ideas? Architectural Digest, FWW,
what? I'd love to have some better sources for printed material to mine
for inspiration.

Thanks,