Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Jackson

Default My first woodworking tools

I don't have any specific recommendations on the thousands of books and
magazines out there, maybe some else who is new to wood working can help you
with that. I just wanted to suggest, with the tools you have now, that
you're ready to start some projects. A set of sawhorses would make a good
first project, and will come in handy when using your new circular saw. Do
you need a picnic table? It would make a nice second project. Anyway, get
started! Working wood is easier than working metal because you get a board
and just cut off whatever doesn't look like your finished project. Good
luck --dave

"Xopher" wrote in message
Hi,
For many months I have been reading about woodworking and my family asked
me to make a list of some tools that were in the books I read. Well they
were not kidding and from them this week I received a belt sander, a
plunge/fixed base router, a cordless drill, a corded drill, a circular
saw, and a sabre scrolling saw. My grandfather taught me how to use his
forge and be a farrier. Many of the tools I use belonged to my great
grandfather. I also work in Grandpa's salvage yard, so metals I know but
nothing about woodworking. Which means I need some input on making my
first wood projects. I like the Reader's Digest beginning wood books, and
I like a few of the Black and Decker portable power tools books. Does
anyone here have sources (maybe a book) that he or she can recommend for
me, a guy who has never even turned on a circular saw (I did power mine
up) but now that I have one I really want to make some things?
Thank You,
Xopher