Posted to rec.woodworking
Glen

Default DO NOT READ THIS chomsky INTERVIEW

wrote:
What do you know, Glen?

I suggest you read the book _Do As I Say (Not as I Do): Profiles in
Liberal Hypocrisy_, by Peter Schweizer.

On the web, check out "The Sick Mind of Noam Chomsky: Part II Method and
Madness", By David Horowitz , found at:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...le.asp?ID=1018

Some quotes, in his own words:

"China is an important example of a new society in which very
interesting and positive things happened at the local level, in which a
good deal of the collectivization and communization was really based on
mass participation and took place after a level of understanding had
been reached in the peasantry that led to this next step."

and
"I don’t accept the view that we can just condemn the NLF terror,
period, because it was so horrible. I think we really have to ask
questions of comparative costs, ugly as that may sound. And if we are
going to take a moral position on this—and I think we should—we have to
ask both what the consequences were of using terror and not using
terror. If it were true that the consequences of not using terror would
be that the peasantry in Vietnam would continue to live in the state of
the peasantry of the Philippines, then I think the use of terror would
be justified."

Talking about the "wonderful" governments of Pol Pot and Khmer Rouge
(whom he supported vociferously) after their atrocities became undeniable'
"Refugees are frightened and defenseless, at the mercy of alien forces.
They naturally tend to report what they believe their interlocutors wish
to hear. While these reports must be considered seriously, care and
caution are necessary. Specifically, refugees questioned by Westerners
or Thais have a vested interest in reporting atrocities on the part of
Cambodian revolutionaries, an obvious fact that no serious reporter will
fail to take into account." . . . "the deaths in Cambodia were not the
result of systematic slaughter and starvation organized by the state but
rather attributable in large measure to peasant revenge, undisciplined
military units out of government control, starvation and disease that
are direct consequences of the US war, or other such factors."

I could go on and on and on...

Glen