Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Default Harbor Freight does it again...

Siggy wrote:
I think you want to sign up either in one of the retail stores or online at
http://www.harborfreightUSA.com (Note the USA tacked on the end of the URL).
I never got the 20% coupons until I signed up at this link. HF actually is
two separate operations (for nexus reasons): retail store sales and
internet sales. The 20% off coupons are for the retail stores only.

Also, I noticed earlier in this or a similar thread that someone posted a
pdf of their coupon on another group somewhere. It's interesting to note
that the coupons are bar coded and also contain your *unique customer
number*. My guess is that if your coupon starts being used all over the
world your name may get punted off of their email lists. In fact, I'm not
sure how sophisticated their POS registers are but if they are in real time
communication with the home office they may be able to disqualify the coupon
on the spot in real time if it has been previously used. Bottom line is it
may be wise to use some discretion in sharing or using a shared coupon.

On the other hand, the customer to whom all those sales are attributed
may well become a VIP customer.