Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Default Pani Cover

Andy Hall wrote:
On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:13:05 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

I'll keep this in mind when I go to the B&Q in Wandsworth...

Absolutely. You need the packet of biscuits to keep yourself going
while waiting at the checkouts, and the sleeping bag for waiting
outside before opening time to maximise your shopping experience.

Daft as it sounds we had a freeze up during office hours a couple of
years back and some people with only a couple of miles or so to go home
were stuck in their cars for several hours. One lad I met was on a bus
home and he ended up walking. It took hime 13 hours to get home.
He had his leg in plaster and was using a walking stick.

So if you think you are going to be OK with a small shopping trip think
again next time you hear weather warnings. Even if you think you are
100% fit.

If you are prepared, the devil will find someone else to annoy.