Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

Default Friedland bell push eats batteries

In article ,
"mutley" writes:
Can anyone offer a solution to the problem of a Friedland wireless bell-push
which eats batteries?
I have two push units at different doors, one works perfectly but the other
fails within a day of a new battery being inserted, apparently due to the
(new) battery being exhausted. Strangely the one which fails was a separate
unit in a blister pack, bought as an addition to the main unit which was
supplied with a single push.
I sent the first failing unit back under warranty (now expired), but the
replacement which I received behaves exactly the same. I think that there
must be a wiring fault in the push unit, perhaps a short circuit, but there
is only a printed circuit board to be seen inside.

Is it the type with integral light, which is intended to run
from a transformer?

--
Andrew Gabriel