Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Friedland bell push eats batteries

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 13:09:30 -0000, "mutley"
wrote:

Can anyone offer a solution to the problem of a Friedland wireless bell-push
which eats batteries?
I have two push units at different doors, one works perfectly but the other
fails within a day of a new battery being inserted, apparently due to the
(new) battery being exhausted. Strangely the one which fails was a separate
unit in a blister pack, bought as an addition to the main unit which was
supplied with a single push.
I sent the first failing unit back under warranty (now expired), but the
replacement which I received behaves exactly the same. I think that there
must be a wiring fault in the push unit, perhaps a short circuit, but there
is only a printed circuit board to be seen inside.

Send the second one back as well. The product wasn't fit for purpose
and they haven't solved the problem with the replacement. The
warranty is irrelevant.

--

..andy