Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default building a basement bar, floor not quite level

On 29 Dec 2005 21:58:56 -0800, "Larry Bud"
wrote:

thanks for the suggestion. I haven't put a string across the span to
see if the floor has any curve to it, or if it's a straight slope. I
was thinking if I put baseboard down, then covered the bottom with a
1/2" round over, the 1/2" trim would bend to any slight curve in the
floor. I also plan on tiling this area inside and around the bar, so

Wouldn't it be good to tile before you firmly affixt the bar in place?
That way the bar can be moved or knocked down by accident and the
floor will still look good?

Even if the bar is installed already, I'd consider picking it up just
before the tile went down.

if I put some cement board down, that would probably flatten things
even more.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.