Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.tools.repair+advice,rec.woodworking
KMoiarty

Default Which has the better cordless 18v. drill: Bosch or Hitachi

"KMoiarty" wrote in message

Further to my inquiry below, does anyone happen to know how a typical corded
driver would rate if actual torque specifications were provided for corded
drivers like they are for cordless? For example, roughly how many
inch-pounds of maximum torque from, say, my 4.6 amp (Skil "Slugger", geared
to rev up to 2600 rpm) corded drill?

Ken

[...] BTW, another question I have just came to mind: what is the
significance of "Ah" (e.g. 2.0 Ah, 2.5 Ah, 3.0 Ah, 3.5 Ah, and so on)
rating of a cordless tool's battery-capacity? Up til now I had just
assumed this referred to amperage-per-hour output (which, like the
amperage rating of a corded tool, if multiplied by the voltage [e.g 12.
for 12v. cordless models, between 110 and 120 for all corded models]
yields maximum energy output [or consumption, respectively] per hour).
But I'd like to somehow find out for certain from someone if I am on the
right track in this or not... Because if this is true how can the most
powerful cordless tool possibly keep pace with an average corded one which
has far higher, both, amp and voltage numbers? Thanks.

Ken

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
.. .

[...] IMO, Panasonic is better than either. Small, powerful.