Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Angle Grinder recommends?

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 07:45:59 +0000, Richard A Downing
wrote:

| I bought a very cheap 115mm 900W angle grinder to cut up a rusty old
| 2000L oil tank (because of later building and a power-pole it
| couldn't be removed intact). The grinder worked well for a while, and
| I was careful not to force it and to run it only for short periods and
| let it cool right down. But before the end of the job it has
| burnt-out. No complains at all about the tool supplier, they refunded
| the cost immediately without quibble.
|
| But now I need a new grinder. Is it worth buying another sub-20 GPB
| grinder or should I get a 60-70 GPB industrial unit? If so which
| model? I still have lots of 115mm/22mm Norton cutting disks left that
| I'd like to use up.
|
| I've never had much use for a grinder before, but then I haven't really
| considered what I might use one for - I guess I could use it for
| buffing waxed wood.

The *biggest* and best you can afford.
Otherwise go to the local hire shop when you need a big one.
I burnt out a tiny Lidl one, cutting up a bath, :-( and replaced it
with another one. It works fine on copper pipes and such like.
Anything bigger I go to the local hire shop.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Some of my Hobbies: VDU Glasses
http://tinyurl.com/c3lh, Wordlists http://tinyurl.com/c3lj, Celtic fonts