Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default Can you run a generator in a basement with the windows open?

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
I only want to use it for a few minutes to run the well pump. I want to
keep it in the basement. I'm assuming that if I open the windows and
start it (assuming its a new generator), I will not be in any major
danger. My basement is 70' x 30' x 10' tall (i.e. huge) and has 4
windows, 2 at each end.

You are going to do it anyhow, and you want someone to tell you that it is
okay. That way it isn't your fault.

Its a stupid thing to do and you know it. Sure, the odds are you will get
away with it, but in view of the potential downside....