Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default Can you run a generator in a basement with the windows open?

dean wrote:

Ok here's the deal. I have another generator, which runs the rest of my
house. Its a honda 2000i, I can't hear it from the house when I run it
in the garage with the door open. I wired it up to a transfer switch
with 6 circuits and it works perfectly.

Problem is, it does not have 220V. The only thing in my house that
needs that is the well pump. And I dunno about you, but water is the
MOST important thing to me after a day of blackout.

Hence my original question. I am here getting opinions and will act on
them when this thread is done. I know for sure I can run my 2000i in
the basement and make zero smoke and just a little smell. I just need a
220V generator. I dont see the big deal about running it for a moment -
after all how long does it take a well pump to provide 100 galons?

dean

Why not just put a transformer on the feed from the other generator
(assuming it has enough excess capacity for "a moment" of pumping)?