Posted to alt.home.repair
TURTLE

Default A question for the HVAC guys

This is Turtle

Bob , write out the number of BTU's need to heat the shop , but i think
your saying 17,000 btu of heat per hour to heast the shop.

Now you say there is 4 rows of heating elements in the furnace and only
2 is getting hot or turning red. I think you have a 20 KW electrtic
heat package and only wiring up 10 KW of the 20 KW of heat.

Now if your running 10 KW to heat a shop that only needs 17,000 btus is
or sounds find to do this job so, when you say it will never get up to
60 degree F in the shop with the two elements are running.

Now with all this said. i think you have your antisipator set wrong and
causing the a short cycle condition in the electric element running
time and not let the heat electric elements keep up by going on and off
too much.

You need to find your heat intisipator in the thermostat and set it
high as it will go on 1.2 or 1.1 or 1.0 . The scale goes fron .15 to
1.2 and setting it on the highest number you can will make it do fine.

e-mail me if you like to discuss it.

now we have some control freaks CBHVAC and Paul milligan that like to
confuse home owners that come through here and just beware who you
speak to.

TURTLE