Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery

Default portable generator question (wattage)

"Tokai" wrote in message
ups.com..
..
4) Some time spent wiring on a nice day sure beats running cords all

over the place on a lousy day when the power fails. It is so
convenient, even my wife can hook it up in an emergency (just kidding
about the wife part). I ran a 30 amp circuit for the generator into the
Garage, where it can sit protected from the elements when running
(garage door open). Hardwire is the only way you can supply generator
power to the furnace.

Even with the garage door open you should not run the generator inside the
garage. Carbon monoxide has a way of collecting just where it is not
wanted.