Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Dumpster ripoff?

George E. Cawthon wrote:

Yep I knew I was sticking my foot in my mouth for
talking about costs. But I did say here. Based
on what I read in this newsgroup, our costs for
many thing are way below a lot of other places,
but if the costs weren't low, the people would
move away because wages here are not high either
except for the top layer.

I agree with all the rest you said, and I was
thinking asphalt not tile. Don't see much tile
because of the expense, but tile is suppose to
(does) last a long time.

It's also a regional thing. In this area the higher end homes have
slate. Either tile or slate, you'd better make sure that the rafters
can take the big increase in weight.