Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default building a basement bar, floor not quite level

On 29 Dec 2005 15:47:39 -0800, "Larry Bud"
wrote:

As nearly every basement floor, there's a slope towards the drain. I'm
in the middle of framing a bar with construction lumber and was wonder
what as proper:

The length of the bar is approx 8 feet. The difference in height
between the two ends is about 3/4". So the question is, do you build
the bar so it's level, or so that it's a consistent height from the
floor?

Level. I haven't done this, though I might have to do so soon, but
to do this, you put the baseboard of the bar horizontal. Then run
something across the floor with a pencil attached while you have a
pencil point that is 1inch high, at all times. It will draw a line on
your baseboard that matches the curve of the floor. You can do this
for the side that shows too. The rest of it doesn't have to form-fit
the floor. You just want these baseboards to look nice.

Is 3/4" to little to worry about either way?

TIA!

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.