Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default A question for the HVAC guys

You don't say what area of the country you're in, but in my area, 17MBH
isn't much, especially if the shop isn't insulated well, and has loose
overhead doors. With the same air flow going across each coil, you should
have about the same color, but not bright red. What's your incoming voltage?
What's the voltage at each coil? What are your inlet and outlet air temps?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I upgraded the supply on a friend's shop to 200 amp service. While I
was there he asked me if I could install an electric furnace. I
calculated the heat load at 17,500 BTU/ hour.
I installed a new air handler rated at 22mw.I ran six gauge supply
lines on 60 amp breakers. I made sure that the air intake size was
adequate.
Here comes the problem, the heating unit has four rolls of coils only
two get red hot. I checked the voltage on both sides of all four coils
and get 110 v. The unit does not put out hot air, just luke warm. It
runs constantly and barely gets the place up to 60 degrees.
Any sugestions on where to go from here?

Ozark