Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Can you run a generator in a basement with the windows open?

Make sure you open the window. LOL
Seriously though, you may want to consider the suggestions above to pipe the
exhaust outside. Even if you don't think so now, there will come a time when
you might want to run it longer, especially if you connect other things to
the generator.

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Why is it so dangerous? I know about CO and fumes. Its not going to be
on when I'm not there. Its not going to run when I'm upstairs. Its just
going to sit there most of the year doing nothing, and get used maybe
once a year for 5 minutes, while I stand there and watch it. What's the
big deal?

The fan mentioned above is a good idea, but it will have to be run by
the generator