Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Setting inside thermostat?

The simple way is to find the amp rating of the control you are operating.
If you cant find the amp rating then you can take a clamp-on ammeter with
ten turns of wire around it and measure the current.

"Noozer" wrote in message

"hvactech2" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:59:12 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

I was just wondering... Inside my thermostat there is a small dial
adjustment. You can move a small metal "finger" around the dial. The

dial
is
marked off from 0 to 1 (.1, .2 , .4 , .6, .9) and shows an arrow with

the
word "Longer".

Just what is this adjusting?

I'll try to get a photo to link to later.

that is the heat anticipator. it is usually set by the installer and
shouldn't be moved.

Well.. It has been. : )

Any simple way for me to adjust it properly?