Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jason D.

Default another DTV307 with broken blue CRT.

On 25 Dec 2005 08:18:18 -0800, "John-Del" wrote:

While it's unlikely they will get a cash refund, it's almost automatic
that TCE will replace the unit. We had one that had a bad red CRT
shutting down the TV (two weeks old), and really bad convergence. I
told the customer to call TCE and complain, because it wasn't worth it
for me to transport the TV to the shop, replace the tube, and sort out
the convergence for the flat rate they pay. TCE swapped the TV within
3 weeks.

John

John, Talked to Jack, my boss, I wish that is easy one to send it off
for exchange... Problem is according to Jack, RCA do not have the
similar unit to send out to replace that Edsel. So we MUST repair
this, hence the lengthy time for RCA to finally do batch of remaining
CRTs to rebuild and send some out to other shops including one to us
since RCA is on path of drying up the CRTs production by late 2006.

So any suggestions to prevent possible CRT kill when diagnosing this
unit after blue CRT is replaced?

To recap: Was working but cust complaint was for botchy spot which we
replaced blue CRT and unit won't stablize and won't let us balance the
CRT with scope without shutting down so we replace other green & red
CRTs and got it balanced, still shutting down intermittently. Then
unit finally broke the blue CRT neck off while I was getting ready
with tools to look for intermittent shutdowns.

Cheers, Wizard