Posted to sci.electronics.repair,free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Roland Butter

Default White Knight tumble dryer - drum not turning

In article .com,
says...
Could this be the capacitor? I've heard that this type of motor uses
the capacitor to kick start the motor.

I had exactly this with a White Knight dryer. It was indeed the motor
run (not motor start, apparently that's a different sort of motor)
capacitor. I took it off (the big silver cylinder on top of the motor)
and took it to a local motor rewinders where the bloke rummaged in a
pile for a while and gave me a spare for a couple of quid.

That was ages ago and it's still running.

--
Roland Butter :- There's nothing like a knob of butter.