Posted to rec.woodworking
Highland Pairos

Default Drafting table design point

I have been off the group for a few days. Tell me more about a "drawing
board cover".

SteveP.

"TeamCasa" wrote in message

"Highland Pairos" wrote in message
This all makes great sense. Thank you to one and all for your insights.
I think I will leave off the ledge for comfort, and perhaps work in a
better way to hold pencils etc.

Now the next challenge will be working out the folding mechanism.
Probably not a big deal.

I like the sliding parallel rule. Although I do most all of my drafting
on the computer, I still like to draft on real velum. At home I use a
smaller folding table 30x42 with the parallel rule. In my office I have a
large 43x72 power table with a track drafting machine. Now all it does is
make a grate layout table for reviewing plans developed in AutoCAD.

The folding table gets little use but I would recommend a good drawing
board cover. They will also work great when your wife uses it to cut mats
on.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com