Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Oevermann

Default Wood Supply in Missoula or Kalispell, Montana???

On 17 Dec 2005 17:50:07 -0800, "rich" wrote:

Hi All,

I need a source of lumber, preferably a good woodworking store or
lumberyard in Western Montana, when at my vacation home. I have a
place that has nice local woods, fir, cedar, pine, but nothing else.
I'm looking for oak, walnut, cherry, and so forth. Rockler ships, but
I'd need Bill Gates to pay for it.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Rich.....

Rich,

Try Buckeye Hardwoods & Flooring ( http://www.buckeyehardwoods.com ).
They are in Arlee, MT. I live in Belgrade (near Bozeman) and they
recently opened a branch here. We finally have a bit of competition
with Intermountain Wood Products and Renneberg Hardwoods doing
business here as well.

Intermountain has a branch in Missoula, I believe.

Not sure how prices are west of the Continental Divide, but Buckeye
was pretty competitive on the walnut I was looking at earlier this
year, compared to Intermountain. But on some species Intermountain or
Renneberg ended up being cheaper, so shop and compare...

Also, don't write off the local lumber yards. One of the local yards
here had some nice oak and walnut at prices that gave the specialty
outfits a run for their money. Hit or miss though.