Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson

Default Expensive Electricity Bill

overnight were using 34 units (its a modern meter, blue button gives
you night reading and day one)
Do others think that the readings are high or normal for this type
of usage ?

One thing you could check - are they applying the correct rates to the
bill, i.e. I used to be on a similar tariff, with a slightly different
setup to an E7 - the peak usage was often swapped with the off-peak
usage due to the different settings in the meter, and I don`t think I
got a single correct bill in over 4 years. The normal "cycle" of the
digits was different with my tariff, hence the easy mistake of
transposing readings.

Another thing to check - is the off-peak rate switching in correctly,
and whose equipment controls the switching of the off-peak load (i.e.
the storage rads) - this is often the consumers' equipment (contactor)
and it could be that its not releasing, so the rads are constantly
charging.

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****