JohnM

Default Need recommendation on reciprocating saw (sawzall)

pete brooks wrote:

Hard Ball wrote:

I'm in the market for a reciprocating saw and figured I'm check here
for recommendations before I bought one. I'll be using it for home and
hobby use but plan on mostly cutting metal up to 3/8" (I have a lot of
projects in backlog). Is the Milwuakee Sawzall still the standard?

IMHO, the Super Sawzall is the best. You get a choice of orbital or
straight blade action (straight is best if you want to try to saw close
to a surface, while orbital is dam fast) and it has more power. Had to
do some major remodeling and the SS did the job right well.

Pete Brooks

I bought the biggest PorterCable just before B&D came out with their
Tiger Saw, I like the P-C a lot, except for the foot- the thing swivels,
with the pivot about an inch from the cutting edge of the blade and it
irritates me often.. wish I'd have bought the B&D instead, it has a
fixed foot. The big Sawzall is also an excellent tool, I've used them
with no complaint.

John