Posted to rec.woodworking
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Wood Expansion Characteristics

"Greg G." wrote in message

I have looked on the web for this information and after 150 or so
sites, most only "mentioning" the seasonal expansion of wood floors, I
am hoping someone here has a favorite link they would share.

I am looking for a reference that details the expansion and
contraction characteristics of various woods in changing humidity
levels. Something along the lines of: "A change from 7% to 15% RH
results in 3.2% expansion cross-grain".

I have found numerous little charts and graphs depicting the hardness
and density of woods, but nothing that deals with their moisture
expansion characteristics.

Thanks,

Greg G.

I don't have a link like that but here's a cheap alternative:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,46096,46109