Posted to rec.woodworking

Default particle board benchtop, finish

I have a work surface of 1" particle board top. It's fine for my use
as I do electronics and light mechanical work on it. But, dirt and
grease from parts would tend to get on the top and impossible to get
out, which would make my hands and other objects dirty next time.

So I would like to look into painting few coats of polyurethane to
provide a easier to clean surface.

What product do you recommend for this? It would be nice if it have
temporary resistance to engine oil or maybe brake cleaner as well.

I have heard of the duraseal polyurethane (for floors) any experience
with using this on particle board?

Thanks