Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Anthony

Default anyone used diamond tipped blades in circular saw for cutting of soft aluminum extrusions ?

"DanG" wrote in news:kFQsf.20949$9G.17556
@dukeread10:

I have never used diamond, and I would be amazed if it would work.
Regular wood cutting carbide is more than adequate. Works well in
table saw, miter saw, router, hand held, etc. Lots of chips,
chips are hot, chips fly further than wood chips. Aluminum can
gum up a good blade, perhaps another poster can explain why. I
use a wax stick to reduce the tendency, but would always
appreciate more ideas.

Get a blade made for non-ferrous metal. It has a different grind than a
normal wood carbide blade.

--
Anthony

better idiots.