Posted to uk.d-i-y
Allan Gould

Default Energy saver bulb with (adjustable) sensor??

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
Allan Gould writes:
I have been very happily using a "15W Osram Dulux EL Sensor Energy
Saver" bulb. It's a typical low-energy bulb with a sensor that will
switch on/off in dark/light conditions respectively. The
differentiating feature is that it has a small dial on the side (that
the literature calls an 'electronic dimmer') which lets you adjust the
sensitivity of the sensor. This is tremendously useful as otherwise the
bulb would stay on for too long.

What's the application you are using it for?
Do you adjust the setting in use, or was it just for
the initial adjustment and then it's left unchanged?
Is it still working?

I tend to set it once and then leave it for ages.
Unfortunately the unit I have no longer works (hence the search for a
replacement). I've got an ordinary energy saver with sensor in, but
it's on for most of the day.

Allan