Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Weather station wireless sensor

Hi all,

My sensor has decided to pack up when the temperature drops below about
7C.
It's very difficult to tell what's occuring as trying to locate the
faulty component/s with freezer on these SMD boards is almost
impossible. The led still pulses but nothing is received even
re-registering doesn't work until the RF section warms up again. It's
not the crystal or the SAW device (I think that's what it is) as both
these when cold don't stop it from working.

I've tried to monitor the transmissions on a receiver at 433.92MHz but
I think these devices use some sort of frequency spread/shift
modulation and I can't pick up a carrier of any sort, even when it's
working?
Anybody got any experience with these things?

Happy new Year to all
Bob